With its robust end-user capabilities, including Dashboard and User View, EEI makes it easier for end users to access, search and view B2B data. This means less time spent troubleshooting end-user requests and more time focusing on strategic projects.
With EEI, you can meet industry and governmental regulations, process high volumes of EDI data in minimal time, streamline inbound/outbound EDI processing and shorten order-to-payment cycles. You can also standardize interpretation of data and reduce errors through improved error detection, while improving trading partner relationships and reducing operational costs.
EXTOL EDI Integrator for i (EEI) has an advanced architecture enabling high volume throughput, low-latency processing and seamless integration with an easy to use interface. Designed for the everyday user with an effortless to use and learn interface that is flexible and extensible to meet your business needs today and for years to come. EEI is easy to install, setup and use and designed to deliver value and fast ROI.
EEI is designed to support a broad range of communications including VAN communication (e.g. dial-up, ftp, etc.) as well as direct communication such as AS2 using EXTOL Secure Exchange. Refer to the functions and features section for a complete list of supported communication methods.
EXTOL EDI Integrator for i Product Packaging
The EXTOL EDI Integrator for i product consists of a translation / transformation engine, APIs for automation, dashboard along with UIs for provisioning, monitoring and managing.
The EEI product includes everything needed to create, test, deploy, execute, manage, and maintain EDI integration processes. All EEI components are installed and configured as part of a simple, automated installation process, which completes in just minutes. New EEI releases include automated upgrade processes to simplify migration of deliverables produced using prior releases to the new release.
Standard Package Includes:
- EXTOL EDI Integrator for i including the Green Screen, Graphical and WebFacing User Interfaces.
- EXTOL Dashboard v2 for EEI Standard Package
In addition to the above base-level EEI components, the following add-on options extend support for specific integration applications:
Integration kits available from EXTOL:
- HIPAA ( EXTOL HIPAA Module™)
- Integration with mySAP ERP ( EXTOL Enterprise Adapter for SAP)
- Integration with Oracle / JD Edwards ( EXTOL Enterprise Adapter for JD Edwards)
- Secure AS2 communications ( EXTOL Secure Exchange)
- Internet-based VAN services ( EXTOL VAN)
Additional applications and integration options are supported directly by the EEI product.
EXTOL interfaces available from partners:
- DST Health Solutions, LLC PowerSTEPP
- Infor® ERP XA (MAPICS) - Available from Custom Systems Corporation
- VAI S2K Enterprise Software - Available from Vormittag Associates Inc.
EEI includes a rich set of runtime functions and design-time aids that are designed to rapidly deploy new trading partners, quickly identify errors, monitor system activity and enable managing daily operations more efficiently.
- Automatic reconciliation of Functional Acknowledgements
- Robust communications gateway for partner flexibility
- Support for real time application responses with the pipelineing feature
- Advanced table caching, efficient file design and optimal program logic designed for fast batch, real-time, and high volume applications
- Multiple User Interfaces available: Green Screen, GUI and WebFacing
- Any number of users can access the database simultaneously while still preserving data integrity
- Re-translation capabilities at four different levels (Connection, Interchange, Group, Message)
- Support for all major EDI standards and proprietary formats
- Utilizes native Job Scheduler
- Lights-out and event-driven operations
- Automated/flexible integration with any business application/ERP software
- Rapid partner enablement
- User defined exit points
- Document Archiving
- Advanced Auto-Mapping automates trading partner setups, EDI transaction configuration and application mapping
- Powerful document management capabilities
- User-defined arithmetic or logical formulas can supply results directly to maps or application files, reducing the need for trading partner specific programming
- Data from external files can be retrieved during processing for lookups or verification without any additional programming
- External Call Programs that enable you to manipulate data or trigger other processes
- Ability to modify standards
- Custom create user defined standard
- Version Conversion
- Conditional expressions for segments and paired elements
- Internal bi-directional lookup tables for easy data conversion with keyword exception handling
- Generate outbound XML (XEDI format)
- Ability to copy and insert segments in a map
- Browser based Dashboard for monitoring and reporting. Capabilities include the suite of Mailroom, Trading Partner and Document History Reports.
- Audit logs automatically maintained on the status of all documents in the files, and available at all times
- Extensive reporting, auditing and partner management capabilities
- Complete and secure access to the EDI transaction log information and the EDI data itself in an easy to understand format
- User friendly monitoring and error handling
- Ability to track the lifecycle of document
- Data stored offline, with log records remaining online for any length of time
- Print and display incoming and outgoing data from the Communication session to the Message level
- User View – Raw EDI data displayed in an easy to understand, end user readable format
Some communications are dependant on the hardware.
**Direct seamless integration with EXTOL Secure Exchange.
EXTOL EDI Integrator for i is designed to be easy to use for IT professionals. It can be used by a single individual to create, test, and deploy EDI integration processes from beginning to end, or by teams that include multiple participants and roles, including EDI Coordinators, Programmers, and IT Operations personnel.
The basic EXTOL EDI Integrator for i Lifecycle comprises a handful of stages:
- Define application files
- Create trading partner*
- Define EDI document*
- Create map between EDI document and application files*
- Configure communications
- Test communications and mapping
- Correct any errors
- Move from test to production
- Monitor process for errors
- As business needs change, modify objects as needed
* Objects can be created using the Advanced Auto-Mapper eliminating the need for these steps.
The diagram below shows the lifecycle support in EEI. Take note that the Advanced Automap automates a number of steps which are otherwise required to be entered manually.
EEI provides extensive support for managing and maintaining EDI integration processes through reports, event triggers, messaging and dashboard.
The EXTOL Dashboard for EEI is an easy to use web based interface providing access to EEI transactional data. The EXTOL Dashboard for EEI consists of multiple reports and dashboard views which provide an easy to read view of the data. The Dashboard is used as a monitoring and reporting tool with the ability to search, save, print, schedule and export the results. It can provide an historic, current and predictive view of the transactional data and trading partner activities. The Dashboard also features a role-based security model, providing the ability to allow/restrict permissions of any reports or views on any configured EXTOL EEI system.
EXTOL EDI Integrator for i is your complete EDI package for the System i, and includes all the EDI tools and services you need to send and receive EDI data with your trading partners. EEI enables you to reduce custom coding, data errors and costs while increasing trading partner relations and business capabilities.
EXTOL EDI Integrator for i can be applied to a wide range of business-to-business integration requirements, including:
- Automation of manual or semi-automated order-to-cash processes
- Integration of partners with automated Shipping and Tracking applications
- Integration of EDI supply chain visibility data with ERP, CRM, WMS, procurement, and other enterprise applications
- Integration of demand data with planning and replenishment systems
EEI supports this wide range of applications without adding complexity by utilizing its non-invasive integration, complete reporting and auditing systems as well as the ability to automate business processes.
EXTOL EDI Integrator for i System Requirements
EXTOL EDI Integrator for i supports a wide range of IBM System i (AS/400, iSeries) and compatible hardware and operating system versions:
|IBM i v6.1 or higher|
|RAM||Memory pool running EEI for i should have at least 1GB|
|Disk space||Minimum 837 MB plus storage for data.
If using WebFacing, an additional 118 MB is required
|ESX 5.5 or higher
- Comes complete, with no costly prerequisites to install and use – Built specifically to run on the System i, EEI is your complete EDI solution. With a simple automated install, you can be up and running with EEI in no time.
- Integrates non-invasively – EEI integrates with native application, data, and partner interfaces, so you can integrate without making changes to your existing IT assets.
- Integrates without programming – EXTOL EDI Integrator for i is made for integration and not just for translation.
- Ease of Use - With its functional UI, and comprehensive tool set like Advanced Auto Mapper make the EXTOL EDI Integrator for i easy to use.
- Extends legacy application ROI – EEI can extend the useful lifetime of both commercial and in-house applications by establishing new connections to partners, data, and applications without modifying code. By enabling legacy applications to participate in new business processes in this way, EEI increases their value and enables you to avoid or defer costly customization, upgrading, and replacement.
- Superior Support – Our award winning level 2 support team is just a phone call away if you need assistance.
- Lights-out operations - With the included APIs and monitoring, EEI makes it easy to implement an automated EDI system.
- End user access to data – Your EDI system should not just be about the translation, it should also allow for non-EDI users access to the data. Dashboard and User View provides business users simple access to EDI data in a format that they understand.
- Speeds time-to-production and enhances business agility – The Advanced Auto-mapper assists in rapid map creation, allowing you to build your solution faster.
- Reduces processing cost, errors, and latency